- You will need a copy of Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop CC 2017 or later. 90% of the course will be done in After Effects but some things are better done in Illustrator and Photoshop. A free trial version can be downloaded from Adobe.
- No previous motion graphic skills are required.
- No previous skills are required on After Effects, Illustrator or Photoshop.
Hi, my name is Dan. I am an Adobe certified instructor and I LOVE to animate infographics and create potentially boring data using After Effects through data visualization.
This course is for beginners. You don’t need any previous knowledge in VFX Compositing or any animated graphics experience. We will start with the super basics, taking simple icons that bring them to life with After Effects.
We will work through real life projects, linking Excel to After Effects to transform your boring spreadsheet data into accessible visual information. We will experiment with lighting and cameras. We will do fun things with masking, examining how important the sound is in your presentation, up to export for Youtube, Powerpoint and all types of social media including animated GIFs.
There are plans to complete, so you can practice your VFX visual effects skills and use them for your wallet. There is a cheat sheet and I have exercise files so I can play together. I will also save my files as I browse each video so I can compare yours with mine – useful if something goes wrong.
Know that I will be around to help you: if you get lost you can leave a post on the video “Questions and Answers” under each video and we will be sure to answer you.
What are you waiting for? Let’s go do!
Who is this course for:
- This course is for people completely new to After Effects. No previous animation or animated graphic design is required.
- This is a relaxed and well-paced introduction that will allow you to produce impressive videos for your business or organization. Only basic computer skills are needed – If you can send e-mails and surf the Internet, you will face our course well.
Created by Daniel Walter Scott, HQ Instructor
Last updated 1/2018
Size: 1.45 GB